Sunday 23 October 2011

September Wedding Season - Singapore and Tokyo

My Other Silly Owner's brother, Derek got married to lovely Yu Ming twice....first time in Singapore and then in Tokyo.

I was told that grooms in Singapore need to show up early in the morning to barter for their bride (please bring suckling pig and Singaproe currency). There were also some "fatigues" required from the best men, one of which was to slurp a wasabi sandwich. I admit, I am puzzled but.....I guess you are keen to do it if the reward is this bride.


Wedding Party in Singapore

The Bride, The Groom & The Mother of The Groom


A week after the wedding in Singapore there was take two at Niseko, in Japan. My Other Silly Owner notoriously takes no pictures...ever...and since My Silly Owner did not attend either of these weddings, the documentation I have been provided does not fully satisfy my curiosity. The little I have I am happy to share with you:

Bride and Groom at their Japanese wedding

My Other Silly Owner and his father attending the Japanese wedding ceremony

Angeles in tulle skirts in Japan

Men in skirts in Japan

 
My kind of food.....in Japan





Wedding Dancing Routine in Japan

Recap.....My Silly Other Owner flew around the world (literally) to witness Derek and Yu Ming getting married....twice. I am sure he had a lovely time but.....why would you do that when you have got the chance to stay in London experiencong and Indian summer ?


Eating outdoor in the sun...during the Indian summer!


Doing a bit f gardening.....good my flowers look good!!

A rub and a back massage....my idea of the perfect  "deep tissue"!


...getting back  my energy level after all my effors in this Indian summer!


Why would someone want to be anywhere else doing anything else?

I still do not know why they bother !!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. Seamus & Imogen were thrilled to see Isabella Rossellini back in action - they have missed her and are so very glad that she does bother xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post about our wedding ;-) We missed you!!

    ReplyDelete