Sunday 30 January 2011

JanuARTY Gabriel Orozco's lintels

I will keep this brief as I believe it will not take long to get the picture.
Yet another piece of modern art.....ops....shall I say conceptual art?!

Gabriel Orozco's Lintels at the TATE

My Silly Owners explained the concept to be related to sheets of tumble-dryer collected from New York Public laundrettes and hanging from a washing line. I have been assured that although the object might look simple, Orozco's art is all about the concealed levels of implications and the hidden meanings that will engage the viewers in different ways according to their different backgrounds and walks of life.


Orozco's Citroen
So, if the artist slice a Citroen DS in three parts and then chooses to reassemble it without the middle part.....it is to engage the viewers on a multiplicity of levels, to make their minds work.


OK, I am a fairly educated cat who takes well advantage of the flat's library with all its books about everything and nothing....you have no idea how much you can learn just by wondering among bookshelves and snooping at book covers.  

I tried to engage with used  tumble-dryer sheets and washing lines ...and the remaining two thirds of the Citroen.... but I need to confess that the more I let my mind engage with this all, the more I think......

WHY SHOULD ANYBODY BOTHER ????????????

No comments:

Post a Comment